When it comes to ethics in the events industry, there is no question where we stand. Special D Events strongly supports the standards for professional conduct (code of ethics) established by Convention Industry Council (CIC).
- Maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct at all times.
- Actively model and encourage the integration of ethics into all aspects of the performance of my duties.
- Perform my responsibilities in accordance with the laws and regulations of the local, state or national governments under which I reside.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all privileged information, including the identity or personal information of other CMP candidates and the contents of the CMP examination, except when required to do so by law or by court order.
- Never use my position for undue personal gain and to promptly disclose to appropriate parties all potential and actual conflicts of interest.
- Communicate all relevant information to my employer in a truthful and accurate manner in order to facilitate the execution of my fiduciary responsibilities.
- Not use the CMP designation or service mark in any way other than that which is authorized by the Convention Industry Council, and immediately cease using the designation should I fail to maintain the requirements of the CMP certification or for any other reason have my certification revoked, including payment of required fees.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of the CMP program as outlined in the CMP Handbook or those that may be set by the CMP Board of Directors in the future.
- Be truthful in all information provided to the CIC in all applications and recertification applications at all times.